Mahindra & Mahindra today became the first Indian company to announce its internal Carbon Price of US $10 per ton of carbon emitted.
The World Sustainable Development Summit 2016, themed, 'Beyond 2015: People, Planet & Progress', will be among the first international platforms to discuss the new agenda post the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals and the signing of the Paris Agreement. The attempt will be to initiate discussions on methodologies to be adopted to chalk a path to realize the Goals beyond 2015.
- Plenary sessions: International speakers will address the subjects of energy transitions, Nationally Determined Contributions, urbanization and water supply challenges, climate finance, as well as the climate-energy-food nexus.
- Thematic tracks: Discussions on niche issues of sustainability - groundwater, climate change, short-lived climate pollutants, carbon pricing, WASH, urbanization, energy concerns while meeting development and pollution challenges, resource efficiency, as well as smart cities.
- Greenovation 2016: An exhibition to provide global players the opportunity to showcase cutting-edge technologies and design solutions as part of the sustainability revolution.
- Media Colloquium: A forum to sensitize young journalists by building up their knowledge on sustainability, thus enhancing their skills in climate change reporting.
- Business Day 2016: Curtain-raiser to the WSDS, it is a platform for industry captains to conceptualize ideas for conducting business while protecting the environment.
- Sustainable Development Leadership Award: Awarded every year since 2005 to an eminent global leader, felicitating their contributions in the field of sustainable development. DSDS 2015 awardee was Dr José Manuel Durão Barroso, Former President of European Commission & Former Prime Minister of Portugal.
- Regional Dialogues: Series of pre-event consultations, hosted in select cities across India. Themed as ‘Localizing the Post-2015 Development Agenda,’ the discussions at these Dialogues will now contribute to larger discussions at WSDS.
TERI: Pallavi Singh – firstname.lastname@example.org
Avian Media: Avika Sood – email@example.com